A Mothers Blessing On Mothers Day

Post your holiday & special Occasion poetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
linda56
Gold Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by linda56 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 am

16837_387010965006_4652650_n.jpg
16837_387010965006_4652650_n.jpg (46.63 KiB) Viewed 4390 times

This is dedicated to my three children who are now adults now.
First I want to say that I loved you before you were born, I love you now and I will love through all eternity. I am so very proud of all you! You have all come a long way in life from what you used to be. Here is a poem that I am writing especially for you with all the love in my heart to yours!

When I was young I had an illness and was told by the Doctor that I would never have children so it was much to my surprise when I found out I was pregnant. Words can never express how happy I was and then less than two years later I discover I was pregnant with twins...well you can imagine the shock and excitement I was going through since I am a twin myself.

The first time I saw all of you, it was love at first sight. As far as I was concerned, you were all Heaven Sent. All three of you were Blessed Babies. You all were very quiet and slept through the night. But when the two's hit, now that was a different story all together! We had our ups and downs with these growing years but all worked out in the end. There were times though I wished I had eyes in the back of my head so I could see what you were up to!

You all remained very close throughout the years which made me happy and to this day, you are still close like back then. I think the bond you have for each other will remain for life. I call you my three peas in a pod. Of course you are no different than any other siblings and you will have your ups and downs but you always end of speaking to each other when you have had a quarrel. I hope that quality remains with you all your life and that you keep forgiving each other as long as you live because someday, the day will come and I will not be here and all you will have is each other. If Jesus could forgive while suffering on the cross, I am sure you can find it in your heart to forgive each other if something should arise that you don't agree with.

I wish I could have given you a better life but I did my best. I am so grateful to God for what we did have. We always had a roof over our head and lots to eat. At Christmas time, I gave you what I could afford. I hope none you you are disappointed and if you are I am truly sorry.

As I said earlier, I am so very proud of all of you and I love you all dearly and equal. I know there have been times that you have felt that I have favoured one over the other but believe me this is not so. I would give my life for any one of you and anyone of your children. Every night I pray that God keeps you all safe and blesses you and from my point of view, I see my prayers are being answered all the time. Try and remember to thank God next time something good happens to you.

So here is my poem dedicated to all of you, my dear children.

The first time I laid eyes on you
I loved you with all my heart through and through.
I knew in my heart you were Heaven sent
A gift from God, the angels had delivered to me the greatest present.

It was fun watching you all grow up from my perspective
Even though sometimes, you thought I was overprotective.
But I had rights back then being your Mother
My main job was protectng you, one after another.

God Blessed me so much when He sent you all to me
You will always be part of my Family tree!
I did not mind staying up all night with you when you were ill
And would do it again in a heartbeat if that is Gods will.

When you think of Blessing that are Heaven sent
Often it is a life changing event.
Thats the way it was having you three, I thank God everyday
I'd be so hurt if any of you would turn your back and walk away.

I have so many blessing brought into my life these days
And when I think of all of you, I give God Praise.
Mothers Day is not just another day
It's a Blessing from God for Mothers who Love their children unconditionally!!
Happy Mothers Day Everyone!
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hope
Diamond Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A Mothers Blessing On Mothers Day

Post by Hope » Fri May 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Linda,
Your children are Beautiful! The message you wrote to them touched my heart in so many ways, you truly are one very special loving mother. And they are all so Blessed to have you! Just like you are Blessed to have them! The poem is so touching I really enjoyed reading this so much. Thank you for sharing your three Blessings with everyone.

God Bless You Love You Eva
You are in my prayers!